Timeline photosWildfire Update: posted 12:40pm Aug 11
Info from BC Wildfire Service (BCWS)
Connell Ridge (N10989)
- Est: 1350ha
- Evacuation Alert in effect for 6 properties south of Mt Baker on Gold Creek FSR
- Resources: 65 firefighters, 12 helicopters, 25 pieces of heavy equipment
- They are expecting favourable conditionsAug 11 for a planned ignition
- An Area Restriction in place for this fire
Cummings Creek (N11051)
- Est: 52.6 ha
- 42 firefighters onsite that will be working on building access routes and contingency lines
- If conditions allow, heli bucketing may occur on the northern flank of the fire, to provide some cooling effects on fire behaviour
- The fire is continuing to burn in extremely steep, inoperable terrain where it is unsafe for crews or equipment to work on direct suppression operations
- Additional resources and personnel including fire apparatus and structure protection unit trailers are being positioned in Sparwood. This work is being done in a proactive manner to establish adequate positioning if required
- Smoke continues to be highly visible from the District of Sparwood and neighbouring communities and will remain visible as temperatures rise this week
- BCWS operations staff are observing the fire daily. The Structure Protection Specialist has been working closely with the local fire departments and the RDEK to assess response efforts for the best chance of success
- There is an Area Restriction in effect for this fire
Weasel Creek (N11062)
- Est: 1,087ha on the Canadian side
- The fire crossed the Canada–United States border August 4 and is currently burning into the Flathead Valley, in the Frozen Lake area east of Roosville
- Aggressive fire behaviour is expected in the coming days and into the weekend as temps increase
- Expected fire growth is primarily towards the east and northeast
- An Area Restriction is in effect for this fire
visit www.bcwildfire.ca for the most up-to-date updates. ...
4 days ago
I’m down at Denham Ford for Hometown 4 Hunger! Come on down, enjoy a burger and watch people take a swim in the ice bath!
Thank you to all my haters that put forward $600.00 to see me get dunked in my work cloths (ha). ...
Love this . . .
Kept me smiling the whole time! Lol Tom! Great cause for sure. You are awesome 🙂
Great work Tom 👍
I did that at Klondike Days in Edmonton for Scouts Canada. It was hot as hell out, but after a few dunks I was FREEEZING! LOL! Kudos, om! 😀
Great fun Tom! Enjoy!
Truly awesome 👏🏽! Thanks Tom
Your the Man, good on you 🤩
Darn I wish I had known about this
Awesome Tom Shypitka